Friday, December 21, 2007

For a photog, you don't post many pics.

Well I am not an annyoing "artist" photog. I am an event photographer or journalist style photog. I wonder if the artistic photographers even like to be called "photogs"? But in the same respect I cringe when I am called an "artist". Nothing against the artists, but I take great pride in my style of documenting. On the flipside I feel that calling what i do art takes away from the actual artists. Creators of beautiful eye candy and images that create emotion. It is one thing to captiure a moving and touching moment, but another to create. Not saying either has less meaning, but let's give credit where credit is do.

I document the already created. They create and should be documented.

Hey... what a wonderful relationship to be had.

No comments: